Our aim is to cater for all of our guests needs, making them feel relaxed and as welcome as possible. Peacock House is our large Victorian home, which we also run as a small guest house. Our rooms are spacious and many of the original features are still remaining. The following statement is a summary of the service we offer.
- We have a web site where guests can visit, enquire by email and/or book by telephone.
- We are a 5 minute walk from the bus station.
- We have a bus stop at the top of Park Road.
- We are based on the southern side of the town.
- We ask for an arrival time so we are ready to greet guests and help in any way we can.
Arrival and Parking Facilities
- We greet guests as they arrive with complementary tea or coffee and home-made cake.
- We always ask if guests need assistance.
- There is plenty of on unrestricted road parking at the front or side of the property.
- The front door is situated in Nene Road.
- There are three steps into a porch, each step is 15cm high x 29cm deep.
- The porch has a tiled floor and has one step into the hall, the step is 10cm high x 27cm deep.
Public Access – General (Internal)
- Comfortable Sitting Room for guests to use during their stay with a wood burning stove heater, leather three-seater sofa and chairs, TV with Freeview and a selection of board games and books for those wet or chilly days.
- Guests may use Peacock House phone in emergencies.
- Free Wi-Fi available.
- Fully carpeted with short pile carpet.
- The hall and landings are airy and night lights come on during darkness.
- We hold an L2 fire system and the hall and landings have emergency lighting in the event of a fire or a power failure.
- There are 18 stairs to the 1st floor, each stair is 16cm high x 25cm deep.
- There are 17 stairs from the first floor to the second floor and each stair is 18cm high x 25cm deep.
- There are two guest rooms on the second floor, Lavender and Skye. Both are double en-suite rooms but can be rented as large singles.
- The Breakfast Room is on the ground floor.
- All furniture is moveable.
- The flooring is polished oak wood.
- All diets and allergies can be catered for with prior notice.
- We are situated on the southern side of the town in a quiet residential area.
- The nearest railway station is Kings Lynn (approx. 16 miles).
- A regular bus service operates from Kings Lynn and the local areas.
- Because of the nature of Hunstanton there are several inclines.
- Front garden with seating.
- Our spacious rooms have double, twin or superking size beds.
- The flooring is short pile carpet.
- Each room has a seating area and table.
- Flat screen TV with Freeview and DVD.
- Comprehensive beverage tray.
- An information folder.
- All guest rooms are en-suite.
Bathroom/Shower Room (en-suite)
- Floor surface is vinyl.
- Some rooms have a bath with a thermostatic shower over, others have a large walk in shower with a power shower, one has an Electric shower, these are clearly identified on our Website.
- Non-slip bath mats are provided.
- Address: 28 Park Road, Hunstanton, Norfolk PE36 5BY
- Telephone: 01485 534551
- Contact us online
- Out of hours Emergency Number : 07788 288018
- Doctors Surgery: 01485 532859
- Kings Lynn railway station: 0845 026 4700
- Buses: Traveline 0871 200 2233
- Local Taxi: Paul Cross Travel 07769 511991 or Colin’s Network on 07785 930590
We hope this statement is of assistance to you and we welcome your feedback to help us continuously improve. If you have any comments or queries please phone 01485 534551 or Contact Us online.